chanelprince

chanelprince

Monday, 1 September 2014

ARE GLAMGLOW MASKS WORTH THE MONEY?



Glamglow Supermud Clearing Masks seem to be one of the biggest hype of the year, but do they really live up to the hefty price tag of $76? (CAN)

Firstly, let me tell you that no, I did not buy a full tub of the mask, there is just no way I'd risk $76 dollars to test something out, even knowing that Sephora is amazing with returns. So instead of buying a full tub, I went to my local Sephora and asked for 4 samples of the mask to test it out.

I had been dying to see if this mask would actually live up to the wondrous claims it said it would do, so I was sure to test it as soon as I could hoping to see a dramatic difference in my skin.

Now let me first tell you about my skin. My skin really has never been all too bad, but some breakouts here and there, and blackheads around the nose are one of my concerns, thus why I wanted to try this. Don't get me wrong, I don't have SUPER bad blackheads, but of course I have some like most people.

Now to get to the two main questions, does this work and is it worth it?

To start off, yes, this mask does work fairly well, but probably performs equally to masks I've bought for way cheaper at the drugstore for under $10. So no, I would not say this mask treatment is really worth it. As shown below by the Glamglow Advertisement, it does extract the pores with their charcoal technology, and yes it looked exactly the same on me, but after washing the mask off, the blackheads obviously weren't all gone, and it hadn't looked as if it did more than any of my other masks.

Upon application after washing your face with warm water, it has a very nice soothing texture, but unfortunately dries very quick, almost right as you apply it. It only takes about 4-6 minutes for it to completely dry. After it dries, I let it sit on my face for about 5 minutes, and then wash it off with warm water.

The formula itself has chunks of charcoal and mint I believe, and it actually feels quite nice to apply. Although that may be, I think the formulation is a bit too thin in consistency and is kind of hard to keep it evenly spread out on your skin, as some spots get more attention than others.

After completely washing it off, my skin feels definitely cleaner and smoother, but again, nothing drastically better than if I were to use another mask.


So bottom line, no, I would NOT go out and buy the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment, as it is way too overpriced, even though it does clear your skin, but not as much as they lead on that it will. 

Now, many people are probably asking themselves, well what's a good mask alternative if this isn't worth it? Well, one of my all time favourite masks is Freeman's Avocado and Oatmeal face mask. I find it does the same for way less money!


No comments:

Post a Comment