chanelprince

chanelprince

Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Marc Jacobs Beauty

Marc Jacobs Beauty

Just about a month ago, I decided to branch off of Chanel products and check out the Marc Jacobs Beauty line - exclusively sold at Sephora. The first product I picked up was the limited edition "Lightshow Luminizing Powder" which retailed for $71 Canadian. This product is a beautiful powder, which applies very smoothly and leaves a soft "glowy" finish. Due to it being very finely milled, it doesn't leave a powdery finish on top of the skin, but sinks into the skin and is very seamless. I use it to highlight my cheekbones and a little around the cheeks. 

The one problem I have with this product is that it is very deceiving when looking at it online. It may look sparkly and golden, but basically after the first couple of uses, the gold sparkles fall off and the rest of the product is matte, but still beautiful.  The 3 tones in the pan can be used to create the perfect looking complexion.
As for packaging, its a very sleek, compact that comes with a beautiful large mirror. To "protect" the powder when it's stored it comes with a little flimsy piece of plastic with the typical Marc Jacobs text emblemed onto it, which doesn't stay in place and makes it feel cheap. Otherwise, everything about this product is flawless.




The product that I just bought recently was the The Face 2 - Sculpting Foundation Brush (Brush 2). This brush at $60 Canadian, can be hard to figure out what it's use really is - but you can use it basically for whatever you want. At first, being that Marc Jacobs is a new addition to the makeup world, I wasn't too sure if his tools would be all that great. Honestly though - these brushes are the most unique, high quality brushes I have ever seen and/or have. All of these brushes from his line are the softest, most dense brushes you will ever feel. I use this brush here specifically for further blending in my foundation to get it to not just sit on the skin - but to make a seamless finish. I also use this to lightly "contour" with my Soleil Tan de Chanel Makeup Base.

One thing I love about this brush is definitely how heavy and well built it is. The only thing I do not like is the packaging. The box is beautiful, but inside, I was disappointed to find that it didn't come with a velour/velvet sleeve like the Chanel brushes that I do own, so that when I take my brushes out, I don't have to worry about them being damaged.

Overall, the Marc Jacobs line is definitely worth checking out and I will be hopefully checking out more of their products.


Please comment, share, and let me know if you enjoyed this review and/or it helped you!





No comments:

Post a Comment